‘Helen’s Stable’ is the Verzier family’s country cottage, it is an old restored stable located just near the owner’s house in the Pilat Regional Natural Park. It is surrounded by Saint Joseph and Condrieu vineyards with fantastic views of the Mont Pilat and is only 50 km south of Lyon. The cottage has its own landscaped garden with trees (surface area is 250 m2). It is equipped with outdoor amenities; it has its own covered outside patio area with garden table and chairs plus a barbecue. There is also a swimming pool which is to be shared with the owners. On the ground floor of the cottage, there is a fully-equipped kitchen, a lounge area, 2 bedrooms, a bathroom and a separate toilet. On the first floor, there are 2 more bedrooms both equipped with wardrobes and a shower room with a toilet.
- Type of accommodation: Entire lodging.
- Type of property: House
- Capacity: 8 people–4 bedrooms – 2 bathrooms – 6 beds (2 double beds, 4 single beds)
- Fully-equipped kitchen
- Fridge – Freezer
- Wireless Internet
- Washing machine
- Ironing board and iron
- Swimming pool to be shared
- Local Visitor’s Tax (taxe de séjour): 0,50 € per person per night
- Cleaning service: 60 €
- Deposit: 300 €
- Towels: 8 € per person per week (1 bath towel, 1 hand towel, 1 face flannel)
- Bed linen (fitted sheets and pillow cases): Rent for a weekend = 8 € per bed – Rent for a week = included in the rates
- You can cycle along the ViaRhôna, a cycle path going from Lake Geneva to the Mediterranean following the banks of the Rhône river or on some of the many cycle tracks in the Mont Pilat natural park. It is possible to rent bikes and go for a guided bike ride: (Camino Aventure Pilat – Cap Oxygène).
- Downhill scooter runs (Zig Zag)
- Pil’Anes: A new way of discovering the Pilat is on a pack donkey. The Haras de Préjeurin (a local stud farm) organises guided tours in the Pilat on donkeys for families or groups of friends.
- • For younger children, accompanied donkey walks can be organised for 30 minutes or 1 hour.
There are more than 600 km of marked footpaths, numerous guidebooks listing the different walks available, guided-walking tours and impressive views of the Rhone valley with the Alps in the background: ideal for all different types of walkers whether experienced or beginner and perfect for family walks with children…
3 important hiking footpaths (Grande Randonnée – GR) go through the Pilat Natural Park:
the GR7 which goes from Mont Aigoual to the Mont Pilat and the GR65 which follows the Route of Santiago de Compostela (40 km between Chavanay and the Col du Tracol) and the GR42 which goes from Saint-Etienne to Avignon.
TWO EXCEPTIONAL WATER SPORTS AREAS
- The water sports area in Condrieu-Les Roches has a safe area for swimming and for the sportier visitors, there is a water ski cableway for both advanced water skiers or beginners. The minimum age requirement is 10 years old and the person must know how to swim.
- The Pilat Rhodanien water sports area is well-known for rafting, white water swimming and kayaking. These original activities take place on a 700 m – long river which is specially adapted for these sports. It is possible to rent all the equipment needed, there are guides, a café and a campsite. Picnic areas are situated on the edge of the lake, you can also try canoeing and cycling along the Via Rhôna cycle path.
TREE TOP ADVENTURE
- Parc Pilat’Venture: tree top adventure just above Pélussin. There is a new tree top itinerary for children from the age of 4 onwards. Minimum height = 1 metre. Parc les Acropolis : this site offers 13 acrobatic tree top itineraries for all different levels with many fun obstacles and a 130 m zip line. The Elf village and the beginner itinerary are perfect for the younger ones.
PLACES TO VISIT & TOURS
- Lyon, a UNESCO world heritage centre, is a city where two rivers meet, a city full of light, a city with a certain art of living.
- Saint-Etienne,a member of the UNESCO Creative Cities Network for Design, is listed as both a City of Art and History and an attractive tourist city.
- Vienne, a Gallo-Roman town, is ranked as a Town of Art and History. In the heart of the town, numerous well-preserved vestiges and ruins from this era have been miraculously protected throughout the past centuries. A must-see: the Gallo-Roman Museum in Saint Romain en Gal, you can see Roman baths, workshops, houses and shops which have been restored since 1967. The Museum is divided into four parts: the history of Ancient Vienne, its economy, its trade and mosaics.
- Malleval : a magnificent medieval village.
- Eight local museums and buildings presenting different themes you can meet local men and women who are passionate about their work.
- The Chartreuse de Ste Croix en Jarez : You can follow the tracks of the Chatreuse monks who used to live in this place. A guided tour takes you to the Cour des Pères and to the Cour des Frères (two different courtyards), to the churches, the old kitchens and finally to the hermitage.
- Ile du Beurre – a nature observation centre : Take your binoculars ! Following the river banks, you can discover wild fauna and flora as you walk along the footpaths situated in the heart of this protected natural site. It is open all year round and many activities take place.
- Julien’s Sweets : You can watch a demonstration on how to make sweets with natural ingredients. Here are some of the types of sweets you will discover: Berlingot sweets, chewy sweets, nougat and caramels, delicious for both the young and old!
- Local producers : Wine, fruits, pork meats from local farms, bakers…. Delicious !
For more information please visit the Pilat Tourism website www.pilat-tourisme.fr